The Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council has created a quiz to help decide.
The Tourism Employer’s Wish List:
- Have to be outgoing – enjoy talking to people
- Be a team player – work well with others
- Need to have the desire to learn
- Should have a theoretical background – need to understand how things work
- Critical to be a fast learner – after a crash course, you’re off into the real world
- Need to perform well under pressure
- Requires good business and communication skills
- Needs strong customer service focus – be interested in people willing to help
- A strong interest in geography and culture
- Industry’s biggest requirement – great attitude!
Inbound Employment Opportunities
Inbound tourism (vacation, leisure, adventure, and eco travel to Canada) is a rapidly growing segment of the travel market. As a travel professional you may have an opportunity to assist people from other countries or areas who visit Canada. The links here point to a wide spectrum of inbound tourism employment opportunities. We do not maintain the sites listed and are subject to change at any time.